A Deep Dive Into Bitcoin

Marc Jackson

A Deep Dive Into Bitcoin

Post by Marc Jackson »

This report (attached in zip format) contains a number of possible ways to perform cycles analysis, asking the specific question of when will Bitcoin bottom.

This is the first report I have attached so I'm very interested in constructive criticism and feedback and of course, I hope it is useful.

The Cycles Ideas can be found here: https://app.cycles.org/workbook/MR7yR1l6mm

Marc
Attachments
DeepDiveBitcoin.zip
(919.24 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Marc Jackson

Re: A Deep Dive Into Bitcoin

Post by Marc Jackson »

Pondering over this 29 days / 294 days, it's very close in duration to the Synodic period of the Moon (averaging 29.530589 days). The 294 days cycle would then be 10 synodic periods of the Moon.

Dewey mentions the 'Wideawake' Terns breeding cycle that also follow this period (9.7 months).

It may seems ridiculous that Bitcoin could start synchronising with the moon's cycles but it makes sense if we reason things through:
1) Bitcoin is probably the most emotionally charged asset available
2) The moon's cycles have proven to have a slight effect on emotions
3) There are over 100 million wallet addresses for Bitcoin

So if we amplify a minor emotional effect across 100 million people we should expect to see some correlation.

Attached is a chart of Bitcoin and Ethereum against moon phases (New moon =peak, Full Moon = Trough).

Also note the 2017 peak was on a New Moon and Ethereum's recent peak was the day before a New Moon.
Attachments
New Picture (73).png
New Picture (73).png (138.4 KiB) Viewed 128 times
New Picture (72).png
New Picture (72).png (264.39 KiB) Viewed 131 times